Autumn Girl

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sweet Sorrow Feast

We had a feast last Sunday night. Lechon from Cebu, chili crabs, pork barbeque, steamed lapu-lapu, Conti's chicken pastel, white sotanghon, shrimps, Mamang's famous pinakbet, and buko-lychee to fill our bodies with contentment rather than sadness. My sis and bro-in-law are leaving one week from now. Sis is taking her residency at UPMC in Pennsylvania for "training" -- she'll be back in 3 to 7 years. This country is already in trouble for losing its nurses and doctors to the land of milk and honey. Ate Jo for one, is a great doctor - she's compassionate, concerned, and speaks intelligently. I do admire her even though she doesn't know it! I'm sad that she's leaving, but I'm happy because she's fulfilling her dreams (and my parent's).I don't want to go on and on about sadness as it is already glooming my 8 AM. Instead of crying and moping, I'll plan on my US trips! Plus, I'll keep myself busy with non-work activities. My friend Dette texted me last night asking if I could team up with her in giving art lessons to orphans every first Saturday of the month. And so I said yes.=) I've always wanted to share my talent (hehe yabang) for the arts, but had limited opportunity to do so. I found fulfillment (and enjoyment!) in our street kids' art class volunteer work here in Accenture about three years ago, and so I'm getting excited with this new project! I'm also planning on a vacation in Singapore, Boracay, or Spain. I need to expand my horizon even further. This is a great time for me. I'm young, single, and free! Right, Tegs?=)

3 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Joy said…

    ang sarap nun ha. ayos yan. remember singapore ha? and remember the most important thing...hahaha dapat group tour!!! bwahaha. see u soon!

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger gwenny14 said…

    hey! daan ka rin ng Chicago :) Sana makapunta rin ako SG. Good luck with Art projects, share mo sa kin yung activities niyo. :)

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Joy, hayaan mo, iplaplano namin ang group tour! Hahaha! I hope you're having "the time of your life".... mwah!
    Teggy, grabe, you're so articulate talaga - you know how to put real emotions into perfect words. Hope to see you soon! Mwah!
    Gwenny, syempre pag ni-visit ko ate ko, daan na rin ako Chicago (yez, feeling jetsetter!)! Na-miss ko na mga adventures natin! Ingat always! Mwah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home