Autumn Girl

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I need help!

I'm stumped. It has always been my dream to have a condo unit. Finally it was built since January this year! And it's just there, waiting for me...
- I hired an interior designer, check!
- Our design has been approved by the engineering department, check!
- True, it took me a while to get a contractor, but check!
- I have the funds to actually implement it, semi-check! (Bye to Europe for now... sniff!)
- Dad will help me out in the project (supervision wise), check!
I've been agonizing over this back-and-forth "sell or keep" question literally a thousand times. Why sell?
1. Our house in BF has 4 bedrooms. Come July, it will only be Dad, Mom, and I left to live there. Oh, and Ginger. The point is, we have a lot of space.
2. The monthly expenses of having a condo is huge. I have my amortization, monthly dues, electric/water bills, blah, blah, blah. I can afford it, but I will need to sacrifice some luxuries.
3. I want to be close to home so I can look after my parents. Monitor what they eat (as I promised my sister)... and just be with them because I love them to death.
4. I can use the profit to pursue my other dreams - like travel the world!=)
5. Other reasons you can think of?
Why keep?
1. It's MY DREAM.
2. I'd like to give independent-living a shot. Heck, I'm 27 and I still live with my parents. Okay, that last statement did not sound convincing enough. Heck.
3. I've always wanted to have my own "gallery" of artworks... it's the most perfect place!
4. It's near my office. It's near the prime malls of Metro Manila. Location, location!
5. Other reasons you can think of?
I'm stumped. Wish I'm the type of person who can decide with just a snap of a finger. Why is life getting so complicated by the minute? Or am I just complicating it? Hmmm... where's my Magic 8 Ball...

6 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger gwenny14 said…

    wow! galing! :) It is quite an investment! :) grabe! you have property na at 27. Good luck!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Lovella said…

    Here's my suggestion...why not try living on your own a few months (or weeeks depending on your knack for surviving...hehe). Then if you think independent living is not for you (or proves to be so consuming, money-wise), have your place rented. This way you still get to experience how it is to be independent here in manila (at least even for a few months). So basically, you really don't have to decide now. Devote your time not on worrying but on making your place beautiful. :D

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Leng said…

    wow! ang ganda naman! way to go dianne! galing naman ng girlfriends ko! :-) i like it! :-) saan to dianne?

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    leng! sa edsa siya, sa tapat ng mrt station in boni.=) take care!

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger badly drawn boy said…

    I always wanted my own MTV-Crib type of pad. Sigh. I'm always broke though.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Liza said…

    dianne.. so.....? hihihi... wala lang kasi naging routine na natin yun haha! anyway, i agree with what Love said :) with that at least you get a taste of both worlds diba, then that's the time that you get to decide. basta always remember to ask yourself if you are happy with it :)good luck and enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home