Autumn Girl

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lake House

I haven't watched a good romantic movie in a long time. Then there was Lake House. But I wouldn't say it's "good", for me, it was ... awww, I can't even find the right words, but I was definitely super kilig all throughout the movie. The story line was different, the circumstances were unrealistic even, but it truly struck all the romantic bones in my body... hehe! My favorite part was when they had their "walk" in downtown Chicago. Apart from me being able to relate and reminisce as I had lived in Chicago a few years ago, the idea of not physically being with that special someone but knowing he's just out there somewhere (and perhaps had entered your life somehow and you didn't know it) is so nostalgic and serendipity-ish! Such mystery is so charming that I end up smiling just by thinking about it. Sigh. Ironically, these days, I get that feeling not for myself, but for people around me... I'm like the priest who feels happy for couples displaying love and affection for each other, and it stops there (of course!). I don't know, but it is refreshing for me - it is unselfish and actually fulfilling, believe it or not. Weird? Okay, so before I turn into a priestess, yez, let me think about this more logically. Perhaps, it's from these people's lovelives (wow, plural, hehe) that I become more inspired. I get excited with the thought that one day, I WILL HAVE THAT too. My own prince charming will come and rescue me... that I will again find love, hold hands, kiss, and the list goes on... which by the way includes the down side too, but that is as long as we learn from each other and grow to be better individuals...

So there, I hope I made myself clear, though I think I'm only convincing myself here. Haha! I think I've laughed a lot more than usual today. Hmmm. With a lot of side comments too (in parenthesis - like this one!). Okay, so seriously, what does Ms. Logical (but Dreaming) say to Lake House's tag line, "how do you hold on to someone you've never met"? Hmm... I think that "unknown" makes life worth living for.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger cookie sj said…

    aww... ganda nga yan lake house=)

    trivia lang, korean movie yan, super sakto daw yung remake nung kay sandra bullock. lalang...

    miss you girls! go dianne!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Liza said…

    dianne.. at least now i can relate dahil napanood ko na din finally! hihihi.. ang ganda talaga!

    like what i told you, it's weird kasi nga i felt happy and sad after watching it.. the movie invokes a variety of human emotions.. i guess effective ang story line :) hehe.. maganda naman talaga ang story niya eh diba.

    i was inspired by what you wrote about it :) i saw another perspective. kasi nga diba ewan ko ba at some point mixed emotions ako sa movie na ito! haha! but it's all good naman.

    ayun sige.. so hindi naman ako dumaldal ng dumaldal dito sa comments box mo diba?! hihihi..

    talk to you later! tc!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger badly drawn boy said…

    is it just me? or does this movie reminds you of one of GMA's movie a few years back?

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    cookie: yup i heard that... tsaka napanood ko na rin ata yung il mare and i just didn't know it! hehe!
    liza: ok lang dumaldal hehehe! super affected ata lahat ng girls sa movie na to! sigh...=)
    anna: it was indeed beautifully written... i miss you too mommy anna h!
    poe: hmmm i don't know if it were a few years ago, but i think GMA just had one called "moments of love". i don't wanna watch it though... it might "ruin" my lake house affinity.=) hehe!

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is a time and a place, whereby with good grace,
    everyone finds true love.
    So You wait and you wait - and anticipate,
    his arrival from above.

    but perhaps it's not true, that the man meant for you,
    shall be found in quite this way.
    waste not your time, nor your money - not one dime,
    searching for him on any given day.

    You are unique and exquisite, for which any man who should visit,
    would easily fall head over heels.
    You'll find good things in the end, spending time with family and friends,
    While love waits to be revealed.

    Though it takes time, as you wait for the sublime.
    He will find you, or perhaps been there all along.
    Fear not what you don't know - don't hang on - just let go,
    and let fate take you where you belong.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home