Autumn Girl

Thursday, July 06, 2006

This song made me smile today...


... and you'll know why when you listen to Masters of the Hemisphere's "200 Heads" - courtesy of a rocker friend.;o) Aside from the obvious, there's something about Indie Music that really lifts my spirits. It brings a nostalgic "nakakasakit-ng-tiyan" but comforting feeling and paints a picture of old bicycles, swings, and corn fields in my head. Probably not the most exciting picture, but it somehow feels like home. Note: I don't know how to ride a bicycle and have never lived in a farm... hehe.

I had my first taste of indie music one lazy Saturday afternoon at Tower Records' listening booth where they featured a compilation CD, appropriately called (at least for me) "I'd Spend My Day With You". The sound was so refreshing, uplifting, and yet a little bit melancholy... just like my weekend afternoons. Another indie song I really love is the "You and Me Song" by the Wannadies. Hmm, come to think of it, I first heard this song from the Romeo & Juliet remake movie, but I never could classify its genre at that time. I didn't know what "indie" was then, but I remembered that nostalgic feeling... It's a mixture of deja vu, childhood, and the need to escape... I don't know if anyone would ever relate to this same feeling or state of mind that until now I could not get people to understand. But then again, except maybe for my sisters, though they're not indie fans.:o)

Anyhow, I may not be as indie aficionado as some other people, but this is just a simple ode to the music that truly makes me smile... :o)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Liza said…

    Uy Dianne, ako I love pinoy indie music! Pero I haven't got the chance to listen to foreign indie music so far. But I'm sure magugustuhan ko din yan... I can relate to the feelings you have described. There's something about music (and listening to it) that somehow brings you to a natural high. (so ano ito drugs?! Haha!) basta ganun I'm sure you know what I mean. Music is food to your soul :) Astig lang talaga. I'll listen to those songs soon para madownload na! Hehe!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Talaga! Sige, will ask u sa MSN... hehehe! Medyo nakaka-high nga... iba talaga eh, basta iba. Basta alam mo na yun.=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home