Autumn Girl

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dear Pauline

Dad and I just had breakfast - one of your favorites (guess). You and Mom are probably already waiting at gate 23 (tama ba?:-)). It is raining out here and it gets gloomier by the minute. Ginger is her usual self - paawa and papansin - she's not missing you yet. But soon she will realize it (hehe)! Hayyy... It's probably one of the toughest goodbyes of my life (if not, the toughest). I may have appeared to be busy and preoccupied with work these past weeks, but I thought about you a lot. And still I will, in the next coming days (or years?). I don't know what these tears are for, when I should know better that you are on your way to finding yourself and realizing your dreams. Perhaps, a part of me regrets not having known my little sister as much as I could have or should have... You have always been reserved, secretive even, that I usually found myself guessing what's going on in your pretty little head. Yes Apple, you are pretty - I think you have the prettiest face in the world (Ate Jo will agree). But there were also surprising times that you would knock on my door, sharing your long, pent up emotions, and hearing out what your big sister had to say. I thank you for that. You see, I attempted countless times finding out how to make you come out of your shell - well, at least to me. But then again, I noticed that you are different around your friends (there's absolutely nothing wrong with that)... you certainly can express yourself freely, laughing your heart out and relating life's painful realities... What a ride it has been the last twenty-three years huh? Well, I am proud of you, my dear sis. You have come out stronger and more determined than ever to discover what this world has to offer. It is probably the biggest understatement, but this world really does have a lot to offer, as long as we stop making excuses and start LIVING. Okay, I don't want to sound like Dr. Phil, but I know you understand what I'm trying to say here. I am also learning here... hmmm. Anyway, here's a list of BE's that I want you to be mindful of on your journey:
1. Be brave. It's okay to look like an idiot sometimes (I got that from Ate Jo).
2. Be humble. You are in a foreign land. Don't expect people to treat you like you're equal at all times. Ok lang yun. And that's why you have to...
3. Be tough. You will only be hurt when you allow people to hurt you.
4. Be happy. Give yourself a break. Have a Hershey's bar.=)
5. Be aware of your surroundings. Watch the news or read a newspaper. It's not always about you. Immerse yourself.
6. Be pleasant. You're probably tired of hearing this, but kailangan mong makisama.
7. Be confident. People are very competitive there, so as much as you can, showcase your talents. Mas magaling ka pa sa mga yan!;o)
8. Be here... on my wedding day. Haha! Seriously, I know it will somehow be difficult to keep in touch, but please do. Never hesitate to call when you don't feel comfortable about a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. Keep in mind that we are here for you. Always.
Dad just came in and told me Ginger's sleeping in your room (aww).
I hope you had a good flight. Please control mom's wild shopping sprees. Hehe.
I love you. See you next year.;o) You take care now...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger gwenny14 said…

    Hey, san punta sister and mommy mo?

    - gwen

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Dianne said…

    Nasa US na sila ngayon. They left kahapon.=)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi duds! sniff-sniff naman ako! I miss all of you so badly. :( I love you, Puping! More than you'll ever know. Please be strong, and everything will work out for the best!

    Ginger, you are abandoned once more. Wawa naman baby girl ko....Duday, alagaan mo naman, hehe. Wala nang hahawak sa kanya eh, sniff. :( Luv ya! --ate jo

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Liza said…

    Dianne... SO (hehe), this is probably one of the sweetest letters I have ever read (yung sister-to-sister letter, so mag imbento ba daw ako ng term haha). Ay basta, so nice. You're lucky to have wonderful sisters and a loving family :) -- the most important things we have to be thankful for in our lives.

    ayun lang... /barney .... hihihihi..

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger badly drawn boy said…

    It's okay to look like an idiot sometimes.. - is it ok for me to look like an idiot ALL the time? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home